Responsible safety and environmental stewards
Although our ownership has changed over the years, our commitment to safety and our environmental footprint remains steadfast. We are committed to proactively protecting human health and the environment. We operate our business in a manner that consciously safeguards our employees, customers, suppliers, and the communities in which we do business.
The White Mountains of New Hampshire are where we work, live and play. We have a strong record of environmental performance, and do everything we can to ensure we operate with a mindset of stewardship and sustainability.
This commitment has led to us achieving numerous certificate statuses. Currently we have certification with the FSC (Forest Stewardship Council), PEFC (Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification), and SFI (Sustainable Forestry Initiative). These organizations all promote sustainable practices in and related to the forest industry.
Recent Highlights include:
- $5.6 capital investment to install pipelines to replace fossil fuel with natural and landfill gas
- Significant Green House Gas reductions
- 43% reduction in GHG due to natural gas conversion
- 20% reduction in GHG due to use of landfill gas
- 97% carbon-neutral hydro power harnessed from 6 local units
- on-going process heat recovery and water re-use improvements which reduce the quantity of fuel needed
- currently installing equipment to provide options to re-use our recovered paper fiber, reducing the amount of landfill solids
Blend of hardwood, softwood, eucalyptus, and recycled fiber
Electricity: 97% Hydropower
Steam: Natural gas, landfill methane (oil backup)
|Heat Recovery||Process integration captures hot air and reuses it to heat process water|
|Recycling||Re-direct mill generated office waste and cardboard into pulp stream|